- September 15, 2017
- Posted by: Intuit payroll support
- Category: QuickBooks
In Today’s article, we will discuss QuickBooks for windows conversion settings. As your bank completes its internet banking enhancements. After that, you should change your QuickBooks settings to defend the smooth transition of your information. To complete these settings, you will require your login id and secret word for your bank site.
It is so much important that you perform all of the instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you don’t follow this instruction, your service will be stopped functioning properly. This change should take 15 to 30 minutes. If you need the help of an Intuit certified Proadvisor, feel free to call us at our Intuit Payroll support helpline 1-844-551-9757.
Documentation and Procedures for QuickBooks for Windows Conversion settings
Step 1: Conversion Preparation
- First of all, backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, and then click Help menu and then click QuickBooks Help. Search for Back up and follow the instructions.
- After that, download the new QuickBooks update. For instructions to download an update, and then click the help menu and then click QuickBooks help. Search for latest QuickBooks update and then choose QuickBooks Update and then follow the instructions.
- Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, select Help menu and then click QuickBooks Help. Search for the switch to single user mode and follow the instructions.
- Enable Register mode. For instructions to enable Register mode, choose Help menu and then click QuickBooks help. After that, go to the online banking feeds modes overview, scroll down and follow the instructions.
Step 2: Match Download Transactions
- First of all, click the banking menu and then click online banking and then select online banking center.
- After that, select the financial institution drop-down arrow and choose a bank.
- After that, go to the items received list and then click the electronic statement you want to see to select it.
- After that, select the view button.
- After that, click the transaction in the electronic statement that you want to match a transaction in the register.
- After that, click the transaction in the register to match to.
- After that click the match button.
- After that, Repeat the 5 to 7 for each transaction.
Step 3: Deactivate your account
- First of all, choose the lists menu and then select the chart of accounts.
- After that, select the left click the account you want to deactivate.
- After that, you edit on the menu and click edit account.
- After that, click on the online services tab in the edit account window. The tab is named bank feed settings in QuickBooks 2017.
- After that, choose to Deactivate all online services and then click save and close.
- After that, select OK for any messages.
- After that, Repeat the 2 to 6 for each transaction at your bank.
Step 4: Re-activate your account at your bank
- First of all, Log in to your bank website.
- After that, download and import your transactions into QuickBooks.
- After that, click the import new transactions now radio button, then click OK.
- After that, in the select bank account dialog and then click use an existing QuickBooks account radio button.
- After that, in the corresponding drop-down list, select your QuickBooks account and then click continue.
- After that, confirm the prompt by clicking OK.
- Repeat the 1 to 5 for each account that you previously disabled.
Step 5: Re-enable side by side mode
If you use the re-enable side by side mode for online banking, then follow these steps to enable it. If you prefer the register mode, then you are finished with your conversion.
- First of all, enable side by side mode. For instructions to enable side by side mode, select Help menu and then QuickBooks Help.
- After that, search for online banking modes and then select online banking modes overview and follow the instructions.
If you have any query regarding this article or other articles then you can call us on QuickBooks support number +1-877-715-0222.